Urban Legend #4: Cocoa Mulch is harmful to pets TRUE
Cocoa mulch is preferred by many landscapers because it has a nice smell, repels insects, and looks good. While pets routinely do not ingest mulch, this particular mulch is harmful to any pet that may decide to eat it.
Cocoa mulch contains theobromine, an ingredient that causes vomiting, muscle trembling, heart irregularities, and seizures. Affected dogs need activated charcoal to absorb the toxins and possibly medication to control the seizure.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.