Urban Legend #2: Dogs shouldn't eat grapes or raisins. TRUE
As little as one grape per pound of body weight is enough to affect a dog's kidneys and can be fatal. Clinical signs include vomiting, excessive drinking and lethargy. Eventually, urine production stops and tremors start. This occurs in certain dogs (no rhyme or reason as to who is affected and who is not), but has never been seen in cats!
On a side note, the clinical signs mentioned above, vomiting, excessive drinking and lethargy, are the classic signs for kidney disease in general, for both cats and dogs. If you notice these symptoms in your pet, please call and make an appointment with the veterinarian. While kidney disease cannot be reversed, it certainly can be treated with promising results.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.